Use TaskLayout to save your desktop layout and easily restore it later. All active windows along with their location and size can be saved to layout files, by using these easy to use application. These files can then be run at any time, and you can also save as many layouts as you prefer.
It supports multiple monitors and also saves some specific information, such as disk location in Windows Explorer. Application is portable and once you open it, it will run in the background and will be accessible from the system tray. You can save new layout by double clicking on TaskLayout system tray icon. A layout editor will open, where you will be able to choose amongst opened windows and add them to the .TLF layout file.
You can add any number and different types of windows to layout files, such as Windows Explorer, Microsoft Word, browser, text files and others. You can also set hotkeys to activate next/previous window, close current layout, open/close specific layouts and similar. There is also an autorun option and an option to close active layout when opening a new one, amongst some other options.
• Remembers more specific window information, such as disk location of Windows Explorer
• More specific information of some windows is not remembered, such as opened tabs in browser
What's new in this version
• Added ability to open Layout editor by clicking on tray tip messageView more...
• Added animation in the taskbar and finder tool when loading data from desktop or applying layout, corresponding option added to settings: "Use animation: Yes, No"
• Improved UI: assigned hotkeys displayed next to the tray menu items
• Improved window finder tool
Operating system: Win XP, Win Vista, Win Vista 64 bit, Win 7, Win 7 64 bit, Win 8, Win 8 64 bit, Win 10, Win 10 64 bit
Uninstaller: not included
Supported languages: English
Release date: 2018-06-15
Downloads last week: 0